I'll be honest with you—if you didn't already realize it. I didn't send out an email last week or create a blog post. I made the excuse that since it was my birthday weekend that you guys didn't need to hear from me. I've been making excuses like that my whole life and that is why I'm not where I want to be in life.
You have to commit to showing up everyday—work towards your goals and discover a way to make a living with your passion.
I'm 27 now and have so many things that I want to accomplish before I am 30. The only way I am going to do that is by defining my goals and mapping out how I am going to get there. I got together with my friend Josh Estep on Wednesday (He is filming a documentary about pursuing your passion) and wrote out my goals and what I am doing to achieve them. I wanted to share that with you guys and give you some ideas on how you can go about achieving your dreams.
Passion & Goals
These are the questions I answered for Josh that gave me clarity on what my goals are and how I plan to achieve them. I recommend writing out these questions and answering them for yourself as well.
What are you most passionate about?
Helping bands and musicians achieve success. Whatever that might look like to them. I want to help them tell a story with the artwork and graphics I create for them.
What is your one goal?
For my wife and I to be able to work and travel anywhere. When we start a family I want to teach my kids that anything is possible—you need to create your own path and not follow the crowd.
What are you doing to achieve your goals?
- Working full-time at a day job
- Collaborating and moonlighting out of Nucleus CoShare
- Saving money and not going into debt
- Networking within the communities I am a part of on and offline
- Curating what I share on social media
If you aren't where you want to be how are you getting there?
- Taking things one day at a time.
- Living in the moment and not settling for where I am now.
- Always pressing forward towards my one goal.
- Living each day like I've already achieved my goals and just doing whatever it takes to get there.
- Telling everyone my goals so they can keep me accountable and help me reach them.
- Taking responsibility—I would be doing myself and my family a disservice if I don't take my goals seriously and achieve them.
What advice do you have for others who are also pursuing their passion?
- Pick one passion at a time to focus on.
- Keep your day job to support your passion until your passion can support you.